View Single Post
Old 10-05-07, 09:32 AM
Title-free

bunny has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbunny has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbunny has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbunny has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbunny has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbunny has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbunny has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

When I first started playing at Stars, I transferred some $ to a friend who I owed money to. (about $125)

What I didn't know is that he had opened the Stars account for the sole purpose of receiving my money. He withdrew it a few days later, without ever playing. (another thing I did not know, till I received the email from Stars)

Stars security, not only emailed him to verify the reasons for this transaction, but they questioned my identity and wanted a copy of my passport sent/faxed to them. Which I did (I had nothing to hide), and they mentioned (if I recall correctly) something along the same lines as what *jillaj* posted - that they are not a bank and they allow transfers so players can play at their site and not use it for foul play.

I guess it would've been simpler if the guy had just played a few hands, before cashing out. I can see how they might have mistook what we did as foul play, but in all honesty....it was a clean transaction.

ps: Had this occurred at Party (where we get the friend referral bonus), I'd understand security getting involved because it would look rather suspicious, but they don't have any referral bonus at Stars, so I don't really understand what all the fuss was about.