View Single Post
Old 08-18-08, 11:28 AM
Shark

Windbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points

I guess I'll try to answer some of the questions I can remember from here:

- Daniel is vegan, but he doesn't ever push his views/beliefs on to others. He'll defend why he thinks so and so, but he understands everyone has their own choices and can make their own decisions.

- Ya, he's a great guy. He's pretty much like the same guy as you see on tv. He made sure to speak with everyone individually and when we were at his house, we were basically free to do just about anything we wanted to.

- As for the hand he busted me on in the PCA - basically I had the nittiest image at the table. I purposely didn't play many pots, because playing OOP against DN just isn't a winning formula for anyone. He raised utg 2.5xbb with 88. I was getting short on chips -about 15-20xbb - and came over the top on the button with 55. I really just wanted to pick up the pot there. I barely played any hands....but I think he suspected I had AK type hand since that was just the second time I was all in all day...and made the call.

- I don't think he remember the hand...he just said I looked familar beforehand. Then he needled me while he played a few hands in our tournament simulator and said he'll bust me again. lol.

As far as strategy goes:

- It's way easier for you guys to learn this stuff by buying his book or signing up to PokerVT than for me to go over everything we did Saturday.
- The book has several sections, written by different authors. For more advanced players, the first few sections won't really help you develop much better. Daniel's section at the end is worth the price of the book alone. What he writes there, is basically the same thing as you will see on PokerVT in his training course.
- PokerVT, Daniel does an excellent job of instructing how to play small ball. He breaks down preflop, flop, turn, and river play. They have several different sections as far as content: Small Ball course, Math course (presented in a "fun" way), DN hand analysis - old tv hands, and live game play, they also have online instructions with DN, Annette 15, Adam Junglen, Boosted J, and the PartyPoker sucks. The online instruction is a bit disappointing so far. Some of them are really boring to watch and/or don't communicate that well. There's also a little bit of heads up instruction in there as well.

As far as small ball is concern:

- Small ball strategy will not apply to certain games. Eg. All turbo, short stacked, fast moving blind structures - which is a lot of online tourneys, there may be little or no advantage to learning the small ball strategy.
- Small ball is designed for deep stacked situations. Either cash games or tournaments. It works really good in games that involve antes. I think Zybomb is probably benefit the most from learning small ball - even if he doesn't apply it. He plays deep stacked live cash games were he could make guys stack off and keep them guessing.
- The basic concept behind small ball is we want to see a ton of flops and make have guys over play their top pair top kicker, overpairs, and other big hands when we have a monster. We use the power of position when we have it, and we respect others when we dont.
- We control the pot size. We only play huge pots when we want to, and fold when we have nothing.
- We keep the our opponents guessing, and force them into the difficult decisions. They always risk more than we do.
- We limit the amount of guessing we have to do
- Small ball isnt for everyone...and for most its a huge adjustment in their game to apply it. Even if you dont use it, its good to see how it works and the thinking behind it. Even after learning how small ball works, its very difficult to play against. The only real defense lie in the cards.