View Single Post
Old 05-10-05, 11:26 AM
Fish

Dante1963 has less than 10 Rep Points

I agree with Kurn. Sure he had to get lucky, but he needed a lot more than just luck to get to the final table. He played aggressively throughout the tournament, and wound up with a nice chip stack to work with. By the time he got to the final table he was already a winner. His house was going to be paid for and his new baby's college fund was going to be paid in full. That made some of his decisions an awful lot easier.

The only thing I wonder about is that Moneymaker kept talking about tells--specifically, when he said that Farha bet with one hand when he was weak and the other when he was strong. To me, that sounded an awful lot like a guy who hasn't played much high stakes live poker. That sounded like a home game player to me. I mean, I'm not ruling out tells, but Sammy Farha is one of the top cash game players in the world. Does anyone really think he could do that if every time he was bluffing he grabbed his chips with his left hand and when he had the nuts he used his right? That just struck me as nonsense.