Thread: Want to laugh?
View Single Post
Old 01-30-08, 12:53 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

I don't get it either, and doubt I ever will, but I appreciate bunny's attempt at an explanation.

Of course I understand the business side of it - buying with the intent of selling at a higher price later. But what in the world is the catalyst that is expected to drive prices up? When the Fed Cuts interest rates in about an hour? LOL....

Better yet, what caused the F$1 million (F$ = Fake $) to equate to $10 in the first place? I mean, I know it's supply and demand, but it's just strange to see something that has an unlimited FREE Supply generate any kind of demand, yet people have apparently valued the 1000 play chips every account starts with at one penny. Meh, I guess it's a logical starting point, but it certainly doesn't seem worth the time.trouble of trying to turn that penny into $10. My God, that's going to take a LOT longer than going to work an hour or two ANYWHERE to earn better pay, right?

Like the others, what I really don't understand is the need to have lots and lots of these play chips. Are there high Stakes F$ games going on that some people can't get into because they don't have enough F$, and they just can't live without chatting with the players shoving all in every hand at the absolute highest F$ levels, so they are willing to pay real money to do so?

It seems to me this need for F$ (and my apologies if there is an existing, more accepted abbreviation) has more to do with the need for some sort of pseudo-social acceptance than anything else.

Capitalizing on this strange need - hey, go for it. But I would love to chat with a person who actually pay $10 (ten REAL life dollars) for F$1 million with the intent to USE (not resell) them. That's the person I want to ask "Why?????"

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker