View Single Post
Old 04-29-08, 08:44 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

I wish I knew the answer to this question. I'm on one of my worst runs that I've had for a while. It started off annoying, then got bad, then got worse, and when I finally thought it couldn't get worse, it did. I keep thinking, "Maybe today is the day" that it will turn around and I'll be able to beat the idiots who put their money in so badly... but I've been thinking that for like 3+ weeks now. Ugh.

I know some people will play more to try to play through it, but I've tried that in the past and had disasterous results. So now, when I'm running badly, I play less. when I'm running well, I push myself to play a little bit more. Makes sense, right?

Taking a break also helps and so does mixing up what I'm playing. Like, if I'm getting tired of the HU SNGs, I'll switch to cash games for a while, just to play something different, so I can (hopefully) come back fresh in a few days.

I've also notice that cashing out always makes me feel better too, but sometimes that's tough to do when you are running badly. That's why I like to be well overrolled for what I'm playing, so even in the middle of a bad downswing, I can still cash out and not worry about busting my account.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker