View Single Post
Old 04-21-07, 10:16 AM
Professional Amateur

Invigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points
Default The good, the bad and the ulgy

I only watch about 1 hour of TV a week. It is usually High Stakes Poker on Monday night (wife is out of the house). Clearly that is the good.

My vote for the ugly comes next. For me it is a tie between the World Heads Up Championship and (Mansions???) Speed Poker. It's good poker, but something about the format and production value gets me flipping channels. I did love Scott Fishman on the Speed Poker though.

The bad I saw for the first time last night. Celebrity Poker. I love Dave Foley (I am big Kids In The Hall fan from way back), but how does Phil Gordon not punch him in the face? I'll take AJ and Gabe's crap over this any day.

Obviously it's meant to be a celebrity show aimed at people who don't know, because the poker is just awful. It felt like I was becoming a worse player just watching the game. I had to turn it off and come read posts here to recover.

I know it's been around for a while, but this was my first time seeing this load of garbage.

I heard Phil H. has repalced Phil G. as co-host. Are those shows out yet? Maybe Helmuth will punch Dave in the face. (no offence Mr. Foley)