View Single Post
Old 12-03-06, 07:09 PM
Shark

Dodoubled has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsDodoubled has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsDodoubled has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsDodoubled has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsDodoubled has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsDodoubled has between 500 and 749 Rep Points

Gotta go with Florida. I personally think Michigan would beat the Gators by two touchdowns (and this is purely speculative and coming from a Big Ten homer; I, of course, have no evidence to back this up), but it would be categorically unfair to put Ohio State in a position of double jeopardy. In other words, why should OSU have to beat Michigan twice, where Michigan would only have to beat OSU once, to win a title?
You can argue whether Florida or Michigan is a better game all day long, but I simply believe you do a much, much bigger injustice to the game -- and system -- of college football if you allow Michigan to play in the national championship game.
Plus, Michigan didn't even win its conference title.