View Single Post
Old 03-04-07, 11:26 PM
Talking Poker League Champion

de-coder has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Pointsde-coder has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Pointsde-coder has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Pointsde-coder has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Pointsde-coder has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Pointsde-coder has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Pointsde-coder has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Pointsde-coder has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Pointsde-coder has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Pointsde-coder has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points

I use the short form of the image that the editor uses. I don't actually build a link to image itself. This site uses : d : for diamonds (without the spaces), c for clubs and so on. Other sites do similar things - I notice that 2+2 uses the full word.

On this site use of direct html code within a post is prohibited so I can't link to the images directly even if I wanted to. That's a pretty common standard, so building a single conversion file that would work on multiple sites might not be possible.

What I've seen from other conversion tools is the ability to create a conversion for different forums, but I'm not sure I'm interested in the amount of work involved in all that. Each forum has it's own way of changing colours, making things bold, linking to images, etc.

What I could do is to make the converter more extensible so you could add sites by modifying the xslt and saving it under a different name (a different xslt file per forum). A list of check boxes could be generated, from the list of xslt files, and then the user could choose which forums to convert for. It should be possible to convert for multiple forums at once. Someone else would have to agree to take on the management of the xslt (I don't actually participate in other forums) - further any changes to the converted format would have to be duplicated for each forum, so it wouldn't be something you'd want to do until all the kinks are worked out of the format.

I think that's the best I'd be able to do for you.