View Single Post
Old 01-02-06, 11:27 AM
Tin Foil Hat Club Member

Nikita has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsNikita has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsNikita has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsNikita has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsNikita has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsNikita has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsNikita has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

It's a good idea in theory Rook, but even though we don't want to call it a freeroll, without an actual buy-in at PS, it's a freeroll. If we do that, I can see a ton of crashers trying to get in. Look what happened to shabi and the forum with the RVP one. I don't think TP wants to go through that again. And personally, I'd be afraid to put my $5 in and then have a tournament with a bunch of crashers.

I've also actually been at that site. When I wanted to learn more about poker, I started searching for poker sites and stumbled on that one first. All I found there was a bunch of freeroll chasers. People begging for passwords to freerolls they weren't invited to and actually getting them. I've seen people over there that were banned from here during the first freeroll where there was a post requirement. I'd be worried that some of their forum members won't want to pay and will get the password anyway. I didn't like the site and haven't been since I first found it.

I also doubt very many of them will be competition. From what I gathered, it seemed only the admin and mods played seriously for real money.

P.S. I'm soooo glad I found TP.com.