Thread: Unbelievable...
View Single Post
Old 03-09-06, 03:44 PM
Shark

bdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointsbdawg31 has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

I can't see why you would even consider a set of fives at this point. How likely do you think it is that someone called a pot sized bet on the flop with that board holding a pair of fives? Nik was the first to bet on the flop - so i can not see the first guy calling that bet with a pair of fives with someone else yet to act. And i can't see the second person calling with a pair of fives after somone bet the pot and another called. Yes, anything is 'possible' but i think you are looking way to hard for hands that beat you.

I also do not understand your reasoning behind betting more with AQ on the board. Why should she bet more? To stop someone from 'chasing' with a possible four outs? The only thing i am scared of at this point would be the flush draw (or gut shot str8 draw i guess) which i believe Nik bet enough to go up against those.

although someone could have limped in with AA or QQ - i don't think there is anything you can do about that. There is no way Nik should have gotten off this hand at any point with what is showing on the board and how it played pre-flop. I would have put one or both of them on Ax suited and caught two pair - which is basically what happened.

Nik - i assume you don't need told that you played this fine. But, in my opinion, i think you did.