View Single Post
Old 10-27-04, 02:17 AM
Maniac

jimmytheg has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

I found russ g's advice to be a good strategy if you are just trying to limp into the money....There have been many many times where the best hand ill see in a sng is JJ or lower..... And by following Russ's strategy, you would be in a battle for 3rd with 2 other people almost everytime. Granted I'm talking about the higher limit sng's, 100 or 200 on party namely.

If you just really sit out and watch, like russ advises, ive found that you ususally end up against 4 or 5 other players, all with bigger stacks than you, who normally attack you. And that point, you better find a hand...and they dont always come....and even if they do come, they are not guaranteed to win. Odds are you will get AA,KK,QQ once every 55 hands or so....sometimes you are pretty far along in a sit and go at that point, and blinds are coming fast....and you are under attack....

Ive also found the best way to win a sit and go is to pick up AA 3 times and win every pot....just kidding. But seriously, you are always on an uphill climb if you sit and wait the first few rounds, and the cards wont always come...and they dont always hold anyway. Getting in for cheap early and selectively is always something I look for. And besides, just because you limped in for 20, doesnt mean you cant end up winning a 300, 400, 500 pot or higher.....either by hitting the flop, or finding an oppourtunity to outplay someone and earning the flop.

Like any tournament, it is always nice to be on the top of the mountain looking down...instead of trying to fight up it. I'm not saying taking stupid chance just to try and double up...i mean i disagree with Russ's advice to be ultratight the first few levels