View Single Post
Old 05-11-07, 11:57 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Yes, this is for real, and yes, Full Tilt reduces the amount of money they pay me when people are negative. In other words, if they owe me me $1000 for pshabi and melioris shows up as a $50 loss, they pay me a total of $950. It happens all the time, but it's usually small amounts, so I don't worry about it. There are also usually a couple of people who earn less than the $5 minimum per month, so I figure it's usually a wash in the end.

And yes, it is completely under each player's control. Your RB is calculated as follows:

Player Rake + Player Juice - Player Bonus - Player Added - Used Points - Player Fees = Total. This Total is then multiplied by 27%, which gives us your rakeback number.

So, to maximize the amount of rake you get, you want to make the first two numbers (cash game rake and tourney juice) as high as possible and minimize the deductions, which are:

Player Bonus - Bonuses are good for you in the long run but come off of your rakeback, which makes sense. In other words, if you earn a $100 bonus, this will reduce your RB by $27, but in order to earn that $100 bonus, you surely generated way more than $27 in rake anyway.

Player Added - I'm honestly not sure what this is. I think deposits go under Player Fees, and this is usually $0 for most people. Maybe this is like if you win a freeroll or something like that. FWIW, yours, de-coder, was 21 cents in April. Does that number ring a bell? shabi had a very high number here this month.

Used Points - I believe I once calculated that they value points at 200 points = $1. So a 3600 point hat, for example, is going to cost you 3600/200 = $18 * .27 = $4.86. melioris' 25k shopping spree should cost him $33.75.

Player Fees - I think this is where they put the fees for when you deposit.... or maybe it's only for when you withdraw. I'm not sure. sjay had a huge number in here this month (it wiped out all of his RB), so maybe he can tell us.

I think that's it. Make sense?

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker