View Single Post
Old 12-03-04, 08:13 PM
Maniac

TajaUk has between 10 and 49 Rep Points
Default TalkingPoker.com

Funny enough it was my first time looking at the actual website today.

The site looks very clean and efficient but I think it lacks true content, or atleast enough dynamic content to substain anyform of decent repeat traffic. Most of the content is aimed at making you money (fair enough) but these sites are ten to a penny unless you put real effort into them.

The few items that dont have referal links in are facts and figures about poker. Are people gonna come to talkingpoker to look at the odds on poker hands?

Chip tricks section contains no pics or vids, needs updating! No one is gonna bother reading it otherwise.

You should add a news section that maybe has some up-to-date content, or a kinda web-blog that gives people a diary of your poker life, all good stuff and it attracts people to come back again and again.

Get some peeps involved to write or develop decent content for you, there are a few on the forums that would be more than willing to help out I am sure of that.

Articles on the latest tournys, stuff we dont get to read on EVERY other poker website would be really good. Not hard to give us inside stories from the major events.

Get people to write articles for you on the forums, and pick the best to be published. Offer incentives for great articles.

I can't emphesis (or spell it for that matter) how important interesting dynamic content is to a website. If you want to make serious money and generate lots of traffic build it up so peeps visit the site everyday for updates and stuff they would find hard to read elsewhere. Sounds easy but takes hard work and effort.

PS. this is not meant to be a complete dis of your site, just some friendly advice from someone who has worked for various websites a number of years. I was webmaster on a very large site generating 3m impressions a month just after I graduated () and we alway believed content is king!