Thread: The Big 2
View Single Post
Old 03-06-06, 01:33 AM
Shark

johnp158 has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjohnp158 has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjohnp158 has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsjohnp158 has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

What are you talking about? First, there are definitely some hands you should add to that raising list, depending on position. I do 4x BB +limpers but that's a smaller detail. You will lose 74% of the time? Huh? Did you mean to say 24? Either way, no. No. First, there's no way you can put a percentage on something like that. It's all in how you play it. Second, your number should be way high. Looking at my stats, I win 91.23% of the time with AA and 85.94% with KK. Because I play it strong (this is NL). Usually this means a preflop raise and a bet on the flop. Sometimes, it means an all-in vs. KK or QQ, and it's easy money. Either way, you should be playing these hands in a way that wins much and often. Which is the way that has been described above.

I don't disagree with much of what eejit said except for the dubious statistics. And ditto on the table. Buy in for the max wherever you're comfortable putting up the max. Don't play for 25 until your bankroll and psyche can handle it. Until then, it's probably best to stick to the $10 tables. If a good argument can be made for you buying in $10 to a 25NL table, though, I'm open to hearing it.