View Single Post
Old 05-07-10, 12:59 PM
Run Silent || Run Deep

BlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

I believe this is addressing the basic holes in the security protocols that the Cereus Network has used to pass information back and forth between the Poker site server and the users computer. He is saying they did not use the standard industy encryption prtocols and instead created and used their own..... and their's suck (here, see, I can hack them).

If he can hack the windows computer from the linux computer through a wireless connection (if he is right around the house) or if connected with a wire if he breaks into the users house, I think he is saying it can also be done remotely as well. In either case, that is a huge issue.

When you send your confidential information (user, password, hole cards, credit card numbers, etc) to/from their server they should be encrypted in such a way that is someone does intercept the packets of data, they would not be able to decrypt them and read the information. Only the computer that is supposed to get the packet should have the code necessary to read it.

That said, we are talking about hackers and anything is possible if you put your mind to getting it.

http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/blog.php?u=64