View Single Post
Old 02-03-06, 08:14 AM
Doesn't 2011 start the next decade?

Robbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points

Okay, I've been playing around with this to see if I could figure out a way (an EASY way) to report a daily gross win and a daily gross loss. (that is what you're looking for right???)

I don't know that there is an easy way. You could pull a daily report and then setup a filter to show you the hands won @ showdown, toss that number in a spreadsheet, then filter for hands won without showdown, through that number into the spreadsheet then subtract your net win from the sum of those two and you have your gross losses. Not easy. Very time consuming.

Then, lying in bed last night, I think I figured out the easiest way for someone to do it. It would be necessary to whip up some short vb code for excel that accesses (pardon the pun) the PT database (since it's in Access format) and pull out the information you need for each day. It would be able to automate the ENTIRE process.

I haven't actually done the math but I'm assuming that it will work out so that the NetWin=GrossWin-GrossLoss-BuyIn.

Yeah, that's gonna screw a LOT of people since GrossWin will include your own money. Won't it? As an example: if you win a 3-way pot worth $1500 isn't $500 of that already your own money? Yet it's still going to show up in the win for the hand. Over and over again.

Oh man...I'm confused now...too early...

EDIT: Okay, I fired up PT to take a look at the ring hands. Hallelujah! PT actually lists your NET win for each hand! That makes it easier. So basically what you'd need to do is read in the NetWin for each hand on a given day. Green add it to Win counter, red add it to loss counter. At end of hands create a row in excel with date, win, loss, and maybe for good measure, number of hands played. There ya go! Quick and dirty pseudo-code!

Last edited by Robbie Robb; 02-03-06 at 08:18 AM.