View Single Post
Old 12-05-06, 02:33 PM
Shark

Dodoubled has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsDodoubled has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsDodoubled has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsDodoubled has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsDodoubled has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsDodoubled has between 500 and 749 Rep Points

Not that I'm in this league or anything (I should have been, so hopefully next year), but I felt too compelled to respond to this.

I generally think it's a bad idea to have a fantasy championship in Week 17. At that point in the season, too many playoff berths have already been decided, and too many other teams have packed it in for next year. Coaches like to use that week to either rest their stars, or to see what kind of talent they may have for the upcoming season. So a lot of times, fantasy studs get a break. Yet in Week 16, you'll almost always still see them play, even if they've already clinched home-field.

If you have a dominating fantasy team, and your top players just happen to be on the top teams in pro football, you shouldn't be relegated to a Week 17 crapshoot just because the real teams your studs play for have rested their guns in preparation for the playoffs.

Just my .