View Single Post
Old 01-07-06, 11:05 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

So... today's tourney was going great. I doubled my chip stack through good play (small pots, mostly) in no time. I played fairly tight after that, and bounced my stack around a bit. I took a couple of guys out, but also made two BIG folds to one other player at the other end of the table. I didn't mind though - I knew I was just setting him up for later. Go ahead - keep popping my raises with your all in bets. I'll get ALL THOSE CHIPS back sooner or later.

Anyway, things were going well, until this hand came up... and keep in mind, I have a fairly tight image at this point. With 3 or 4 limpers in front of me (100/200 blinds), I call from the button with 64. The flop comes 335 and it check all the way around to me (6 players in the hand, I think). I decided to take a card off and check as well. The turn is a beautiful looking 2, and I know I have he best hand. They check around to me again, and I fire 450 into the pot.

-----
Hey - here comes Barry Greenstein. And Jennifer Harmon has been sitting right oer there (looks to left) all night, and Amir Vahedi was actually siting right THERE (chair to my right) for a long time, helping SassyTexan (UB player), who he had never met, with a tourney she was playing in. How great is this place? Seriously....
-----

Anyhoo, where was I? Ah, yes, I bet 450 fter someone said "that card didn't help anyone," knowing it would look like a positional bet and that I'd probably get some action. The SB folded and the BB pushed in (hello!). everyone else folded and was very surprised when I insta-shoved my stack in. I knew I had the best hand and he either thought his 3 was good or I would fold, since I was "stealing." He proudly turns over his 39 and I say, "Well, I've got a straight." So, naturally, the turn was a 5, and he filled up on me. This crippled my stack (put me down to like 3 BB), and when I pushe din with A7s a couple of hands later, KQ took me out after he made trips. Gotta love it.

That was a bit frustrating, to say the least.

Oh, and I swapped 5% with P0ker H0 again, and tonight he lasted 23 minutes. hehe....Silly man got all in with AA vs A4 (dinner plans apparently), and QJ. WTF? Two fours hit the flop and he was out. Sick...

Tomorrow is a $1000 tourney that I plan on playing in, but I hard about a really sweet sounding "Battleship" thing they might be doing in the morning. I need to get the details. What I heard though is they want people to bring their laptops and they will set the up across from each other, Battleship style. Each person will play the other one Heads Up and go through a bracket or something. Then they'll replay the finals or something on Poker Stars sometime.

Sounds awesome. The buy in (I heard) is $1000. Ehh..... If it was $500, I'd do it in a flash, but $1000...... not sure. I'm going to look into it and decide. Sounds wicked fun though. Playing HU online, but with the ability to look your opponent in the face! What a cool idea.

TP out.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker