View Single Post
Old 09-22-08, 01:07 AM
Doesn't 2011 start the next decade?

Robbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsRobbie Robb has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points

The problem is that it's not unheard of for Tilt to just mass-ban players "pending investigation" (see thread on 2+2 about the Super Turbos). Plus, one of the emails from FT support made it clear that that any hand you're not involved in is a no-no. Sure, I don't *think* they're going to go after the people who maybe have a few tables open for 20 minutes to pick a couple to play at, but, based on their past actions with the ban-stick who knows.

I do agree with you Mel that I think they're intention with this change is to go after the people that are datamining non-stop and selling huge databases or swapping databases with other players.

As for it being unenforceable, I do disagree there - they will be able to tell which tables you have open. If they deem you have too many tables open - bam - watch out for that ban-stick. They've shown time and time again that they aren't afraid to ban people and then leave them completely in the dark for weeks while they "investigate".

Personally, I don't datamine. When I'm playing cash games it's almost exclusively $25NL and the number of players that come and go, factored in with my play infrequency, doesn't make it worth it for me I don't think. I guess it could tell me fish to look for, but for the little I play cash games I can usually do pretty good just with the numbers and data that I have from my own play.