View Single Post
Old 04-16-08, 10:07 PM
<--------- dickhead

stormswa has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointsstormswa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

You should be looking to get max value from your hand at every street, TPTK isnt a time to get cute with your hand. Its not powerful enough to try to trap your villian, if we dont bet we have zero clue where we stand in the hand. When you flop a set you are pretty sure where you stand in the hand unless someone else flopped a higher set and in that case.....well your getting stacked.

Here is the problem if you check there could be a ton of turn cards that could give you problems. The players at that level are not to smart and they usually are not to aggressive with top pair so you should be able to extract tons of value from them on every street. TPTK just cant be checked on most flops, I personally dont ever trap my players no matter what I flop. I always bet out on missed flops and monster flops, I bet quads lol. I do this because im not strong enough in cash games and I know if I always bet then im pretty much unreadable.

But again im not super strong cash game player like Wes and others so take my advice for what it is my opinion. If Wes or any of the other real good cash game players disagree with anything I have said then they would be the ones to listen to.