View Single Post
Old 04-16-08, 11:43 PM
squeezed the charmin

melioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

I don't know fuckall about FR these days, but there are tons of suited Aces that will call for one, or even two streets, even OOP. You are protecting your hand from the miracle 3-outs by betting, you are building the pot against AT and the like. If you are worried about hands that have you crushed, well sure, don't call a raise if raised on the flop. If called, check behind the turn if you must, but I would rather b/f the turn and then either call (depending on villain's river bet) or bet or check on the river.

We haven't gotten into the whole validate your CBing thing either, which is another reason to bet here. If you are giving the players enough credit at $25NL FR where you do not think you will get paid off by a weaker A here, my god man, think of the information you are giving them if you SD after checking this flop. Expect none of your CBs to be respected after that.

Here is the trick to that last sentence. The second part of the sentence seems a little ridiculous at these levels, no? Well, it is entirely consistent with the first part, which you have stated strongly. So either the second part is not crazy, or the first part is wrong. I go with the latter. Bet this flop. ABC wins the monies.