View Single Post
Old 05-05-10, 12:00 AM
Poker? Yeah, three times a night!

GTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points

When does he become a threat? When he gets within 30 feet of a player? When he gets within 20 feet? When he is within an arm's length? After he tackles a player? I am perfectly ok with not playing this "what if" game after another player/coach/umpire is attacked.

Looking at the situation NOW, yes he seems to be a drunk kid that is screwing around because he wants to be an attention whore. At the time, I am really not sure how people can just say "well, he's just goofing around"....how do you tell?

He is knowingly breaking the law by trespassing. And, I'm going to assume that there were repeated warnings that he disobeyed and ignored.

After the Tom Gamboa and Laz Diaz attacks, I have no sympathy for someone just goofing around by running on the field.

And, I look at it like Shabi. He's knowingly breaking the law and resisting efforts to detain him. In any other location known to man, the cops would not be nearly as forgiving. But, for whatever reason, people are allowed to act like goofballs as long as they aren't hurting anyone even though they are trespassing and resisting arrest.

Yeah, you make kings run in to them.

Last edited by GTDawg; 05-05-10 at 12:03 AM.