View Single Post
Old 05-05-10, 06:56 PM
Poker? Yeah, three times a night!

GTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points

If your reasoning is that "he knew it was illegal, so he deserved it", would you be okay with the Police shooting your tyres out the next time you speed in your car?

If I drove my car on to the tarmac at the airport and proceeded to drive around in circles at the far end of the runway while avoiding the cops, I have no doubt they would be ending my joyriding swiftly and in any means necessary.

If I were going 80 in a 55 zone on the highway and a cop began following me with his lights on and I didn't stop and instead continued to speed through Atlanta, I have no doubt they would be using one of several ways to stop my car.

Do you feel that using a tazer after someone has already trespassed and is continuing to avoid being captured is similar to shooting out tires upon being found to be speeding? Because I'd say the situation is more similar to continuing to speed without stopping after a police officer has already pulled behind you with his lights on.

-------
(a) you think the force matches the threat, (b) you think it will act as a deterrent, or (c) fuck him, he knowingly broke the law and should therefore expect to have volts shot through his body?

I think it is a combination of B and C. If I were to trespass and evade capture from the police in my daily life at any place of business everywhere on the planet, I would not expect the police to let me run around until I get tired cause it is obvious I am not a threat.

There are no metal detectors at baseball stadiums (that I know of). It isn't out of the realm of possibilities that this person has a knife or worse.

Looking at the situation KNOW, yes...it is a drunk teenager who did something stupid to be an attention whore. However, at the time, I'm not exactly sure how you are making that analysis.

The person is breaking the law and evading the police while ignoring obvious calls to stop. In, literally, any other situation known to man...he would be stopped in a similar way. But, at a sporting event, there is some leeway given since drunk people running on the field is nothing more than stupid wastes of time.

You are told not to run on the field many times. There are signs everywhere. There are countless announcements throughout games. Players, coaches, umpires have been attacked in the past. And, personally, I'm all for ending the problem as swiftly as possible.

My personal idea is to use snipers with rubber bullets stationed on the roof. Just go ahead and put a few body shots in to the person as soon as they cross the foul line.

Yeah, you make kings run in to them.