View Single Post
Old 08-03-06, 06:16 AM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Quick update, as I need to get some sleep...

I went over to the Rio tonight and found out that tomorrow's tourney is being capped at 1100 players. 100 tables, 11 handed (yuck), no alternates. There were 860 or so players registered at the time and they were running sattys... seemed there would be plenty of time left to register. I played two $175 satellites (winner gets $1500 in tourney chips + $120 in cash). On the first one, after folding for the entire first level, I limped in fromt the button after like 4 callers with 64. Yes, 64. The flop came 964. EP bets, MP calls, fold to me, and I raise to 3x+ the bet. EP thinks and pushes, MP folds, I call. He shows 78 (as I expected), and naturally hits the T on the turn for his straight. So much or being a 2:1 favorite. I got busted a couple of hands later.

Second satellite, EP raise (bad player), MP call, I come over the top with AQs, EP folds, MP thinks and pushes in. I am 100% certain he is weak (hence him not reraising the first time around), so I quickly call. Instead of him showing me AJ or so like I was hoping, he shows me 22 - this is one of the worst plays in poker, IMO, and I still see it all so often. He is ahead of NOTHING. Anyhoo, he flops a 2 and I'm cripled again. I double up a bit later and then built my stack into somethng reasonable.... We get down to like 4 or 5 handed, and the blinds are huge, so I push in from the CO with 56s. I get a call from the SB who has AQ. No worries! The flop comes A77 with one club. The turn is a club. The river is........ a club!!! The dealer literally pushes the pot to me and everyone is talking about the flush, and just before the dealer mucks the board, I notice something and push the pot to my opponent. The river was actually the 7c, giving him a full house. No one saw it but me, and while they all commended me for being a class act, I was busted, so I shook hands and left. I'd never feel right taking that pot though.

Anyway, I decided to go sit in a cash game for a little while. I turned my $500 stack into about $800 in the first orbit or two. I stopped by the cage to see how many spots were left for the tourney, and the girl told me 50ish! Yikes!!! I called Zy and told him to get oer here (he was going to play AND bring me money, so I could leave mine on the table), and he JUST MADE IT. It took him a while to show up, and there were less than 10 seats left when we got registered. We're both sitting in 11 seats tomorrow - oh goody. But, at least we are playing. The tourney structue isn't the best early, so here's hoping for a good start.

Oh, I went and played in my cash game some more, worked my stack as high as $1050 or so, and then doubled some dude up when we both flopped two pair on a KQ8 flop. I had K8 (BB, no preflop raise) and he had KQ (and he and he was short stacked)... not much you can do there. I left a $420 or so winner, nearly winning back what I dropped last night, thanks to the KK vs AA fiasco.

Ok, that's all. Time for sleep and then domination tomorrow.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker