View Single Post
Old 11-04-09, 01:48 PM
Poker? Yeah, three times a night!

GTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points

The check/raise from would've gotten my attention, but I think I would've put Moon on a big pocket pair with a large diamond.

Would a re-raise just be ridiculously stupid pot control?

I mean, I think spewing $19m in chips with a 5-high flush may be silliness...but he did have a flush six-handed. That's gotta be the best hand 90% of the time.

Considering they were both huge chip leaders, I am not sure if re-raising Moon (obv something less than all-in) would've accomplished anything. If Moon comes back, then I'd guess we'd be folding or shoving...and if he just calls, then we are making the same decisions on the river.

In the situation, I'm guessing bet and then call is the most proper play since the final table is so close...but I think I would've come back with something stupid that got me pot committed if Moon re-raised again (or I would've had to do something silly on the river that got me committed).

--------------

If the river is a blank (doesn't pair the board again, no diamond), is there anybody that doesn't bust out?

If the river is a diamond (or maybe even paint), I might be able to find a way to lay down to a possible boat or something....but I'm pretty sure I bust out on this hand.

Yeah, you make kings run in to them.