View Single Post
Old 10-26-04, 06:34 PM
Maniac

TajaUk has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

If your looking at poker to entertain you, then Josh and the other idiots are fine. It does make good TV for sure and the rating's will increase.

But if your a serious player who plays live events you would think the same as me. I have seen a few mouthy brats get slapped for ALOT less in England and they aint been back.

Ask the players what they prefer, what environment they would like to play high stakes poker in? All the best players are calm, take the beats, handle the pressure and show class. (There is only Helmouth who is an expection and hes a freak of nature).

A prime example of this was when the WPT came to Paris this year, the American Pro's loved the atmosphere, the respect showed to each other. When Tony G (A famous Aussie poker player with an ego and mouth the size of sydney) starting talking the talk, everyone got pissed and teamed him. I have never seen the Proffessor so mad! Yes it was funny to watch on TV, but really did nothing for the game, the event or the atmosphere in general.