View Single Post
Old 11-18-05, 04:06 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points
Default Post Counts / New Moderator?

Looks like we have 2 and almost 3 more peeps getting ready to join the 1000 Post Club. Very nice!

In other news, especially with the influx of new people recently, I'm thinking it may be time to add a new moderator. The ideal candidate needs to be an active member of the forum (minimum 500 posts), someone who checks in regularly (multiple times per day), and someone who is level headed and can think and act objectively.

As much as I love the top posters here (minus Brian, who need not apply - LOL), there have certainly been times when they have gone off on people (for legitimate reasons or not), maybe acted a bit immature (imagine that!) and so on.... and I'm not sure that's the image I'd like to project about the leadership of this forum. I'm no Saint, but I have always tried to keep a level head and be objective when it comes to being a disciplinarian around here. I definitely don't want to over-moderate, and if anything I probably under-moderate. I don't like censorship and I believe in giving people second chances (and apparently third one too), but at some point, enough is enough. For the most part though, I think people will agree that I'm fair and unbiased, and that's the type of thing I'm looking for in a new moderator.

Responsibilities are limited. Most of the time, there is nothing that needs to be done. The biggest thing, by far, is moving threads that have been posted in the wrong sections. Of course, occasional bannings are required now and then too, but you will only need to worry about that if things are way out of control and I'm not around to clean up the mess (which hopefully will never happen).
I'd like this to be a group decision, so first let's hear who is interested, and then I/we can make a decision. Nominate yourself, nominate someone else, whatever...

Off the top of my head, I'm hoping BlibbityBlabbity and/or Zybomb will step up. There are both big contributors around here, and I can't think of a single time either of them has ever lost his cool, provoked someone else, or done anything at all not in the best interest of the forum. Zybomb arguably makes the best poker related posts of anyone here, and Blibbity has gone above and beyond a number of times, from helping me redo the logos in the header to keeping track of the Bracket Pools and the Bankroll Building Contests, etc, etc...

Thoughts?

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker