Thread: fish list
View Single Post
Old 11-15-04, 03:18 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

I have to agree with eddo here... I don't really see the value in this. For starters, just because someone else things Player A is a fish doesn't mean I would. What if they rated him wrong, based on the game and situation they were playing him in? I'd rather make my own notes, based on thigs I have seen with my own eyes. I used to make people with general notes, but after a while, I realized almost everyone was a bad player, and it was pointless. Instead, I find it much smarter to wite detailed notes about how the players played in specific situations. I've also started using Poker Tracker's advanced note capabilities, where I can export the exact stats (whatever I want) for all the players I have ever played with. Now that's useful.

Also, with so many of us playing on so many different sites at so many different limits, what are the chances we'd even get a chance to use this info? I have thousands of notes, and when I play, I still seem to only have 1 or 2 at the most on any given table I'm playing on.

It's an interesting idea, but I don't think it's worthwhile.

Now, developing some sort of shared Poker Tracker database with detailed player stats (as opposed to subjective observations) - that is something I can see a value in.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker