View Single Post
Old 10-23-04, 09:30 AM
Run Silent || Run Deep

BlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

I have also found players where a short pause before a bet is a bluff, when they bet strong hands fast.

I think the key is that this tell can ONLY be identified individually after watching a while. I agree with most that there are a host of other reasons someone would take a few seconds (or more) to act.

As far as getting rid of this tell in your own play, I agree with a couple of you that takeing the same amount of time before every action is a good idea.

A while back I was heads up at a single and I was doing well, picking up some pots with bluffs when I knew he didnt have it. Then after about ten minutes he started calling all my plays. I think it was that I was betting out quickly if I had something, and thinking (just for a second or two) if I was considering a bluff/semi-bluff. He didnt say anything but, the next day I read on RGP someone describing that exact situation, where I really thought he was talking about our tourney. So, I stopped doing that REALLY FAST and now just try not to act too quickly on a hand no matter what the situation.

Seeing how well I think it worked in that tournament, I think it can be used to set people up in certain situations (but only if they are paying attention).