View Single Post
Old 12-18-07, 06:21 AM
Fish

Clutch has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsClutch has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default Bankroll Management.

To preface this post, I have never managed my bankroll efficiently.

I do however, run tight/aggressive and review almost every session with Poker Tracker.

My play has improved exponentially over the last few months and I credit most of the improvement to the Harrington on Hold 'em series. I've turned into a solid tournament player.

I have played at limits and tournaments that I have considered profitable at the skill level I perceive myself to have, know that I can deposit more if I fail, but haven't shied away from taking shots in the dark in large prize pools, and have entered many tournaments that were far too expensive for my bankroll. For example, I've lost 1/3 of my entire roll in Bodog's $109 100k Sunday on three separate occasions in the last couple months.

I have lost a handful of $75-$100 deposits over time, but recently started to turn the corner. I had flipped a $75 deposit into $650 through $260 in MTT profits, $190 in sit & go's and $105 in 6 max cash games on Bodog playing well over my head, all in about three weeks.

I treated my recent winnings and solid bankroll to a trip to Bodog's Blackjack table.
$100 on the table. Lost.
$100 more on the table.
$200........
$100......
$100.

The dealer rarely had what it was supposed to have, hit magical low cards with 13-16 often and managed to nail blackjack an incredibly disproportionate amount whenever I upped my bets.

This sitting should have been a disastrous losing session, but it's completely INEXCUSABLE to lose almost entire bankroll.

I have a gambling problem at 19. Gambling is only a problem if you're losing, and great poker players are not gambling when they sit down at the table for the long run. I need to stop fooling around and treat this with as much attention as it deserves. Becoming a winning poker player is important to me, and I know one of the skills I'm lacking that will do wonders for me is managing my bankroll correctly. I'm depositing $150 and treating it like the last $150 in my bank account. How do I do this?

Oh, and I'm not ever playing Blackjack online again.