View Single Post
Old 01-27-08, 02:07 PM
Back in business!

lightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

This is one of the most game-changing threads we have had on this site. I think your question TP boils down to goals, no? Do you want to move up or are you happy grinding?

As for the tag business storm was talking about, do you think that bluffing more postflop before you move up is all about loosening your trigger to get you prepared for the next level? Because I agree with TP that I don't think there are enough instances at .50/1 and below where you can play a very aggressive style postflop without a hand and come out a winner just because of the landscape of those levels.

However, I occasionally find myself pulling the trigger on a bluff in a marginal situation simply because I feel like I need to prove to myself I can do it and prevent locking up at the next opportunity. I understand the need to demonstrate the ability to bluff at the higher levels you play at, as that is the only way to get any action. However, what is the best method to prepare for the next level?

I read in Supersystem (I think), or somewhere where Doyle talked about the whole state of Texas knowing who he was and no one really wanted to play with him. However, he said he basically had to start at games by giving lots of action and throwing away one buyin just so he could get action on the other end...Is this kinda what you were getting at? If so, isn't it best to prepare for the next level by jumping up to teh next level knowing you need to pull the trigger more often? I always thought that's how JD moved up so quickly...

This definitely rambled on, and I am not sure what my point was but I have always felt I am capable of getting to the upper echelon of play but due to time constraints and the need for my BR funds I have never been able to put a run together so I guess I am trying to get an insight into how to move up effectively.