View Single Post
Old 12-26-06, 11:40 AM
Banned

BrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsBrianSwa has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default well

if you are bankrolled for the level you are playing I dont think the actul amount of the PFR should matter too much. I mean the question is can you realize that with that raise you are letting hands like QK in so if the board is QK can you lay down the AA? You are also letting alot of hand like suited connectors in so again the question is can you lay down that pocket pair.

I have been watching alot of high stakes poker on gsn and honestly I have learned more from that show then I ever have watching wsop last couple years. I mean if you always raise 4x to 5x preflop you really are not making that much with those hands.

I read somewhere that mixing up your play dosent mean playing the same hands different ways but playing different hands the same way. So if you usually raise 2x with AA you have to raise that same amount with 9-T suited so its hard to be readable. Just couple things to think about.

also what kind of player are you in general, are you a LAG player. Im actully working with this style alot, raise alot with suited connectors in position and stay aggresive whole hand. I actully think my total lack of aggrssion was a big hole in my game. So many player are so tight/passive that its really easy to take advantage of them.

Last edited by BrianSwa; 12-26-06 at 11:43 AM.