View Single Post
Old 07-19-05, 01:21 AM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Ok, here's how this is going to work:

If we get exactly 32 participants (we won't), yeah for us! If we have LESS than 32, some people will get byes into Round 2. If we have MORE than 32, some people will have to play in a preliminary round to see who moves on to Round 1.

I will determine how it all shakes out and who falls where. This will be mostly based on post count, but not entirely. Overall post quality (purely subjective, as seen by me) will also come into play. Not to name names, but yes, while kkirk has loads more posts than Kurn, for example, I don't think there is a single member of this forum who would disagree with me when I say Kurn has contributed more. So if it came down to those two (it won't, but hypothetically), kkirk would have to play in the preliminary round (or Kurn would get the bye, as the case may be).

I've just started the process of finding us a host for this tourney. I'm going to make sure the prize pool is at least $100, plus probably some other goodies. I'm hoping one of the poker sites will pony up some cash for our business, but if not, I will.

Right now, let's just keep this list going so we can have everything ready to go by August 1st.

Oh, one other thing.... I'll write up all the details later, but right now, I'm thinking we'll give each pair 3-4 days to play their match. If they can't come up with a time that's good for both of them, we'll have to deal with it. In most cases, whichever guy wasn't able to play (or disappeared completely, which I supect will happen) will forfeit. I guess we'll handle it on a case by case basis. Worst case scenario, we'll vote to see who moves on. By the time we get to the Round of 8, if not sooner, I doubt this will be a problem any more.

This is going to be WAY cool. There's still some big names missing from the list though. Come on, people - step up!

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker