View Single Post
Old 03-01-06, 12:50 PM
Fish

EFortner has less than 10 Rep Points
Default New to this site, but here's a recent story...

Hello all, this is my first visit to this forum and so far I like it a lot. I have yet to even scratch the surface of it yet, but I will. Meanwhile I wanted to post a pretty bad beat to see what everyone thinks.
I was recently playing a .05/.10 NL-hold'em game on and ran into a hand that went like this. The table only had 7 players and I was in the BB. One person in EP called, and another in MP, the rest folded to me in the BB and I had K rag. So I checked and flop came Kc Ac Ad with two to the flush. I decided to make a pot size bet (.35 cents) and see if my kings were any good. EP caller, MP folded. The turn came a 4c and made the flush possible. I checked and EP checked. River card was a 3rd Ace giving my Ace's full of kings. The club flush was there, but my kings full was the second nuts so I put out a pot sized bet hoping the EP player had made the flush. Insead of calling or folding he moved all-in, about $7 dollars. I was either a huge favorite or a big dog, but what are the chances of him holding the case Ace? Well this wouldn't be a bad beat story if I had won,and low and behold he did in fact have the Ace. This guy was a pretty loose player known to come in with any two suited cards so the flush was a good hand to put him on. A .10 cent BB check into a .35 cent pot ended up costing me $10. I dunno, maybe I should of just check/called on the river and he may of not moved all-in but it's terribly hard to fold when only one card could of beat me.
Would any of you have done anything different? Let me know.