View Single Post
Old 04-01-07, 07:02 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points
Default Neteller Pays - and then some!!!

I've been out of town for the past 4 days (more on that later - good times), and when I got home today, I had a check waiting for me in my mailbox from Neteller. I thought this was cool, figuring that they are finally paying people in the U.S., but I didn't get too excited since I had < $500 in my account when everything froze up, thanks to making a bunch of last minute transfers to the big sites.

Anyhoo, I opened up the check and it was for $9468.68.

So, I just logged in and reviewed my account and here is what I think happened: I had EXACTLY $9468.68 in my account on January 17th, before transferring a total of $9k of that to Stars, Tilt, and UB (my Bodog transfer attempt was declined). So all I can think is that they are closing out U.S. players' accounts and sending them their balance via check, and they screwed up when calculating my balance.

So, what should I do with the check? I know the "right" thing would be to call them and tell them what happened, but do I really feel like being bounced through their phone menu until I get disconnected (like usual), or should I just say screw them for jerking me and everyone else around all this time, deposit the check tomorrow morning, hope that it clears, and then close that bank account as soon as it does? Honestly, I think that's what I'm going to do. If it doesn't work, so be it, nothing lost. But damn, the way I've been running lately, an extra $9k would be an awfully nice boost. Well, it's really only $7k, since I have $2k in EFT Withdraws (from 1/15) that are still "Pending" - I assume I'd be kissing that money goodbye.

Has anyone else here gotten a check yet, and if so, was it for the correct amount? I see nothing about this on their page (it's still the same as that last update from last week).

I haven't had a chance to look at 2+2 or anywhere else about this yet, but I didn't see any threads about this here. I'm way behind on the forum though, so my apologies if people getting checks from Neteller is old news already.
April Fools, bitches.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker