View Single Post
Old 11-19-08, 01:14 PM
Shark

Spuddy has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsSpuddy has between 250 and 499 Rep PointsSpuddy has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

Coming from a Canadian who just recently attended a CFL playoff game (The CFL is the Canadian Football League) in minus 20 degrees celsius (which is approximately -4 degrees farenheit!) I feel that I can accurately provide you with some advice.

1. Bring money for coffee/hot chocolate (essential)
2. Wear boots that are warm/have a liner (winter style boots).
3. Wear multiple layers of clothes.......... ie. Put as many layers on as possible. For this game I had on 2 t-shirts, one long sleeve t-shirt, a hoodie and a jacket. For pants, I wear long johns (long underwear), thick 100% cotton pajamas, and then pants over top. Two layers of socks or very thick kodiak socks would also be useful.
4. Consume alcohol....... actually warms your body up, but this may be limited.
5. Wear clothes that are both comfortable and warm
6. Bring a blanket
7. Wear a togue or another warm hat you have available, avoid exposure to your ears.
8. Wear a neckwarmer, they are extremely important in preventing your face/neck from being exposed to the bitter elements.
9. STAND UP, get loud and move around as much as possible during the game...... cheer loud and cheer proud. It not only keeps your mind off of the bitter cold, but it also keeps your body moving