Thread: MTT Strategy.
View Single Post
Old 01-05-05, 05:13 PM
Donkey

humpty99 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

I've had a couple of big hits on multi-table (by big hits I mean in the 1000 range). Two live payouts over 1000, and one 600 payout online. Last night, I happen to come across the 5.00 turbo thing on Stars. It was pretty much a crapshoot, but I got 10/1297. I just missed the good payouts. I think 5th or better was all over 300 or 400. I play just like most solid players play. Tight at first, then loosen up as the blinds go up. I've played in a ton of these things, both live and online, and it boils down to this: You have to get your chips in with the best hand, and if they hold up you will finish well. I'm good enough that I almost always have the best hand against the other person, but sometimes they just don't hold up. The three "major" payouts that I've had, I can't remember taking too many bad beats. Between one and three bad beats will knock you out most of the time when the blinds are high. You get on these rolls where it seems like you can't be beat, and during those moments you even seem to suckout right at the right moment. It doesn't happen often, but there really is no feeling like it. Just keep playing, it will happen sooner or later.