Thread: Jevon Kearse
View Single Post
Old 09-19-06, 02:14 PM
Shark

Dodoubled has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsDodoubled has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsDodoubled has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsDodoubled has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsDodoubled has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsDodoubled has between 500 and 749 Rep Points

You know, NBC10 or something (one of the local news stations), ran a poll asking "Who Should Take the Blame" for the Eagles' loss. A full EIGHT percent of the people polled blamed the loss on Donovan McNabb, the same guy who threw for 350 yards, zero picks and two scores. Somehow, some way, I guess, it's ALWAYS gotta be the QB's fault. Hmmmm. I wonder if that had anything to do with the color of his skin. (Granted, that penalty in the end was pretty dumb, but no one really seemed to care at that point. The announcers even were joking about it. That's how "wrapped up" this game had become).

These are the same people, ladies and gentlemen, who put our elected officials in office.

You know, in what is often considered the dumbest question in the history of sports reporting, a reporter once asked former Washington Redskins quarterback Doug Williams, "So, Doug, how long have you been a black quarterback?"

Anyhow, off the racism rant. In my opinion, the biggest play of the game was the Westbrook fumble. But like TP said, fumbles really are a part of the game, and no matter how pissed off I was at Westbrook then (just hold on to the damn ball, for Christsakes!!), he probably just caught a tough break there. THAT was the play that made me say, "Damn, the Eagles are in trouble."

BUT, BUT ... the Cole penalty was the play that made me say, "The Eagles will lose this game. I don't care how many more yards they get, I don't care how close to scoring they get. I don't care if it goes to overtime and the Eagles get the ball first. It's a lock. The Eagles will lose this game."

Last edited by Dodoubled; 09-19-06 at 02:20 PM.