Thread: Sports Cards
View Single Post
Old 02-07-06, 02:45 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Nice perk, for sure!

I used to be a pretty serious babeball card and memorabilia collector as a kid. I have dozens of signed cards and balls - many from really big name HoF players, etc. I remember a time when players would sign autographs for free, or even at card shows when you had to pay for them, they were reasonably priced.

In the early 90s, when the baseball card market went crazy and there were just too many things to keep up with, I switched exclusively to collecting one player. Yes, just one player. It's all been packed away and untouched for years, but I will wager that I have one of the top 3 Jose Canseco collections in the world. It might be only top 5 or top 10 by now, but I only ever knew of two guys (with VERY deep pockets, apparently) who MAYBE had a better collection than I did. And collecting was a lot harder back then, before the internet boomed and ebay was born.

You name it - I've got it. Well over 2000 DIFFERENT cards (crazy, isn't it?), game used and signed bats/balls/cleats/shirts... When I lived in PA, I had a lot of it displayed in the guest room of my house. It was pretty cool... It got packed away when I moved though and hasn't been touched since.

Bet you didn't know that about TP.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker