View Single Post
Old 01-24-06, 01:24 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Ok guys... here's what I'm wondering: We've had the User Rep system turned on for about 3 and a half weeks now. Is it working? It it adding positive value to the forum, or is it only adding drama?

Clearly some people don't like to get negative rep. I'm sure no one does, of course, but sometimes when people get it, it leads to angry posts, negative rep wars, and that sort of thing.

I'm leaning towards saying that it's working. ESPECIALLY when looking through the SPAM section (and sports bets, etc, etc), people can tell at a glance if someone is trustworthy or not. I know most people only have a single green bar of rep right now, which doesn't differentiate things much, but in time, that should change... If everyone could get into the habit of leaving a handful of rep (good and bad, as the case may be), every day, the system will work itself out, and in a few months, we'll have some significant differences.

As I've said before, I can also tweak the "rules" that say how much Rep giving power people have, and so on, but I think the defaults are pretty good...

Hmmm... maybe I should make a poll for this. Duh. Ok, coming soon.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker