View Single Post
Old 11-10-06, 09:13 AM
<<<<<

Penguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep Points
Default Lower buy-in NL ring game players

Where, or should I say how do you find you make most of your profit from these games, mostly full ring?

Trying to outplay morons is all but hopeless and it seems the only time I do well is when I get paid off by someone elses horrible play, something like calling bets or even pushing when they flop top pair shit kicker and I have AK, stuff like that.

I always sit down with 2 or 3 tables open and after 100 hands or so I see I have won 2 or 3, thats it, is this comparable to your stats?

I never seem to "Chip up" along the way, it seems like one of three things happens:

1. All the money goes in and I either survive it or I don't

2. I double up off someone elses stupidity

3. I play a couple hundred hands and nothing spectacular happens and I leave down half a buy-in or so across all the tables.

On the other side of the coin where do you lose money during the bad sessions?

Cold-decked, chase draws, get sucked out on, play to many hands, play too many out of position?

So far the only thing I can say I am absolutly sure I have gotten better at and saved money is by not calling raises with even above average hands, especially out of position.

Laying down AQ suited to the third raise in EP may seem first grade level to a lot of you, but I know I used to spend a bunch of money on stuff like that.

Where do you make it, where do you lose it?

Edit to add: My first line looks like I am asking if you play full ring, I'm actually saying I play mostly full ring games, little/no 6-max.

Last edited by Penguinfan; 11-10-06 at 09:20 AM.