View Single Post
Old 11-09-08, 08:13 AM
Run Silent || Run Deep

BlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsBlibbityBlabbity has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

I have seen some play railing good players that I did not agree with (specifically of the bubble as well), but I think the answer to this question is no in general. You are putting your money up for them to try to make you as much as possible (do as well as they possibly can). I think the majority of players would agree that this means playing for the FT/top spots and not the money.

I have also railed good TIGHT players that made plays that I didn't agree with on the bubble. This includes folding in an obvious push situation when they are short and NEED those blinds/antes to have a shot to go deep. They folded and barely made the money for a small win when they could have had an average stack and almost doubled with just those blinds/antes!

You are not going to agree with everything they do. You are trusting them to generally make the right plays in the right situations as much as you are trusting them not to go blow your money playing blackjack in between tournaments.

As far as them being obligated to reimburse backers for a bad play.... I don't think it could be required. Some do it on occasion ("I am not charging the BAP for that, I played like shit, etc, etc"), but it is a long run game, not a one play game and it is the backer's responsibility to choose the horse. You are free to not back them again. I think there are ways to even ask to be bought out on PTP if you are unhappy, right?

http://www.talkingpoker.com/forum/blog.php?u=64