The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-06, 03:15 PM
squeezed the charmin

melioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points
Default Using PT to evaluate your game.

I was farting around 2+2 when I found this gem of a . It explains some simple ways to us PT to evaluate your game. I ran through my 7.5K $50NL 6-max hands and learned quite a bit. Figured I’d share.

1). My button play leaves a lot to be desired. I am a winner in UTG+1, a big winner in CO, but only a moderate winner from the button. This surprised the hell out of me. I think since OTB I am the loosest (rightfully) I am getting stuck with marginal hands in this position more often. This is compounded by #2.

2). My HU play needs work. I knew this going in and now I know exactly. My bb/hand positive, but nowhere close to where it should be in HU pots. Although, evidently, I rock in multi-way pots (read-statistical anomaly I’m sure)

3). My postflop aggression is ok, but I should be better. I think I need to c/r a little more (not a ton, but it shouldn’t be such a rarity) and fire first barrels a little less while firing second barrels a little more. A lot of the time I CB as a default and I need to back off a tad to come up a plan for the hand if/when my CB with air gets called. Also, something I have started to try is after a CB gets called and the turn gets checked through, firing on the river when a scare card hits (An Ace, a card that completes an obvious draw, etc.) in HU pots. I think doing this a up to a third of the time or some is probably +EV in this game.

Well, I mostly wanted to post and link the . If someone has more to add to it, please do so here.