The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-22-04, 09:27 PM
MC Adam Yauch

PShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep Points
Default Strategy question: Following preflop aggression with postflop aggession

I use this strategy in both NL and limit games. Mainly I play 2/4 and I wanted to get some feed back about my strategy.

Scenario:

I am in 7th position with A 10 suited in a full 2/4 ring game. The action is folded around to me with no limpers. I raise here, to try to close out the rest of the field. My goal is to either steal the blinds or at worst, buy the button and play with postion.

So let's say I buy the button, and both blinds are in against me.

Now the flop comes 2 6 9 rainbow and the blinds check to me. I ALWAYS bet in this case, trying to take it down right there.

However, where I need advice is if one or two players call. Let's say the SB folds, but the BB calls my flop bet.

Now he checks on the turn again. WHAT DO YOU GUYS DO IN THIS SITUATION? I check here 95% of the time, and try to catch on the river. Do you guys ever continue with a bet here when you don't hit?

The other situation I need help with is if in the same scenario, you fail to close the field out and get a caller behind you for two bets.

He has position, the flop is a rainbow of blanks. Do you bet out on the flop if it is checked to you with someone behind you?

I used to play it the same way, regardless if I had the button or not, but when someone behind me calls, I am at a serious disadvantage.

Thanks for reading and I can't wait to here some expert responses.

Phil