The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-08, 02:23 AM
Calling Station

CalifNaughti has between 10 and 49 Rep Points
Default Survivor Talking Poker

How about a new game for everyone to play. As a fan of Survivor I thought...hmmm how could I incorporate poker into this game...simple Lets play Survivor Poker...or in this case Survivor Talking Poker...Obviously there will be other forums involved..but it should be alot of fun!! Please let me know if you are interested in participating in this game as we would like to start next week. Each forum will consist of a team of players..Each forum will have the exact amount of players..There will be a 10$ upfront entry fee for each player. This is a one time fee and it ALL goes completely into the pot to be won by the final Survivor.

General rules... if you've seen the show then you know the general rules. If not, lets see...

In the beginning each forum will be a team. A game will be played and the team whos member comes in 1st will have "immunity" (they will lose no members). The losing team will vote off one member (everyone has one vote, whoever gets the most votes is gone). It will be a private vote, the only person who gets to see the vote list is the person playing the host Josh Probst. The person voted out will be out of the game.

Along the way teams MAY lose and aquire members, eventually the teams will merge into a single team where only the winner of a tourny will have immunity. There will be a hidden immunity that you can keep for yourself, hold it for as long as you like if you earn it and only use it when you feel you need to... there will (hopefully) be rewards you can earn along the way... I see PMs flying back and forth, IM screennames being exchanged, alliances being formed (and broken)... almost anything goes.

Some people in the beginning may see it as a popularity contest but what it comes down to... only one person will win the $$$ prize (this is determined by how many players are on a team). And do you really want to take the popular ones with you?

As for playing the games, you don't have to play ANY games if you don't want to (though I wouldn't recommend that hehehe). If you miss a game, your teammates may see that as a reason to kick you out but from a stratagy standpoint I don't see the reasoning.

And for how long it will take... well, one person will be booted after every game so it will take some time. I recommend 2 games per week but we will start with one and see what everyone thinks about adding another.

Ahhh yes, end game. Once you get to the final 9, each person voted out will become a member of the jury. It will end up with the final 2 and 7 members of the jury. These 7 people will be the ones who decide who gets the prize. Once we hit the final 2, the 7 jury members will each cast a vote for who they think should win the $$$ (determined by how many players there are). Whoever gets the most votes wins. One note, once we get down to 9 each person voted out will receive a complete list of the vote that kicked them out (yes, they will know if you voted for them). There will be more to it (a Q&A with the jury members, final statements from the final 2, etc) but this is the general layout of Survivor Poker.

Thats the general gist of it, any more questions feel free to ask. This is just an idea I came up with to add a lil spice to the game. Please let me know if you are interested in playing. Id like to get this game going this coming Tues.
Cali

Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the donkey, I will fear no river....