The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-08-08, 11:29 PM
Shark

jdiana86 has less than -50 Rep Points.  Yikes!jdiana86 has less than -50 Rep Points.  Yikes!jdiana86 has less than -50 Rep Points.  Yikes!jdiana86 has less than -50 Rep Points.  Yikes!jdiana86 has less than -50 Rep Points.  Yikes!jdiana86 has less than -50 Rep Points.  Yikes!
Default Time to call it quits?

First and foremost, I apologize if this thread is hard to follow, I'm tired.

I'm going to be very open in this thread so I'm asking for relevant serious responses only, here goes

The first time I gambled was when a friend of a friend was dealing blackjack at his house. I didn't know the first thing about it, but was enjoying the expeirence, I was playing with money I could afford to lose and I was having fun. Five or so years later, I'm addicted to online poker and am playing with money that I should be saving. I'm sure half of the responses I get will go along the lines of...you belong in gamblers anoymous.

I am thinking about quitting playing poker because I have lost a lot of money. I started off playing on party poker and sat down at a .50/1 table. I went through that pretty quickly, and realized the strategy involved in the game. Anyway I eventually went through a lot of $50 deposits into Party. Ok, Im getting a little sidetracked here so I'll get to the point. I've guesstimated that I've lost about five grand, including my life savings playing poker. I can't hold on to any money, because it just goes straight online. Some wonder how I can keep playing if I just lose time and time again.

After going through 1k, and deposited $50 and built it up to over 1k. Of course I lost all of this.

nevertheless, i kept playihg poker and play pretty much daily. Whether I have real money online, or am playing a freeroll, I am poker freak. I'm obviosuly in need of some advice. Should I continue playing poker, hoping to fall into a grove that will start a new era of winning, or should I cut my losses, swear of poker, and start living a different lifestyle.