The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-16-05, 11:04 PM
Sir Waffles House of Fun

SirFWALGMan has between 50 and 99 Rep Points
Default Starting Over

Well, I have been in a funk for the past few months and I am going to try and get myself out of it. I have gone to the pit of hell that is .50/1 limit poker and have decided to play only by the book. period. Try and figure out if all my woes are just normal slides, or me being loose or some other combination. Hopefully I can figure it out and get back on the winners team. If not, well, there are probably better things to do with life than play Poker.

Just for those of you who have not followed my tales. I have been playing for about a year. I went on a run early in my career before I knew anything about bankroll management and won a decent amount of money in a few months, bringing $50 up to $1200 playing limit. I then had a REALLY bad night and busted out. I thought I had learned my lesson, but did the same thing over a six to eight month period with about 3000 dollars. Thankfully I have only lost like $300 in real cash. After busting out of the 3K roll I decided to try some of anything to get out of my funk. I ended up winning 1300 bucks in 2 weeks playing NL and then just hit a run of HORRIBLE luck and busted that out. So if I had never busted out I could be up over 5500 instead of playing .50/1 with an under funded bankroll. Wish me luck!