The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-01-05, 03:08 AM
Rock

nutbag has between 10 and 49 Rep Points
Default Need some advice on buying a new computer

I'll be buying a new computer when I come home next month, and I'm completely clueless as to memeory, processing speed and everything like that. I was wondering if any of you could give me some advice.

My bankroll for this is about 1500, but can be increased if necessary. Here's what I'd like to be able to do:

4 tabling without overlap, with the option of kicking it up to 6-8 with a second monitor.

Run poker tracker/gametime+(or some other on screen display thing) at the same time.

Listen to music and/or be able to watch DVD's simulatinously.

I'd like a more comfortable set up then a normal desk top, possibly one of those swivel monitor holder things where you can sit in a recliner(I have a horrible back for my young age).

All this where I won't have to worry about freezes and crashing.

I don't play Doom or whatever the popular games are now, so I don't need to worry about getting a computer that can handle that sort of game. This will be mainly for poker outside of the normal computer stuff.

Is 1500 enough to set this up, or do I need more?

And remember I'm an idiot when it comes to computers(and many other things), so don't worry about being to simple in your responses. Thanks for any advice you give.