The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-05, 04:30 PM
Rock

nflchad has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointsnflchad has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default NL strategy

Okay so I've read about an interesting strategy for beating the low limit NL tables up to 100NL. The strategy basically consists of moving in preflop with AA or KK and limping with all pocket pairs QQ and smaller if you hit a set you move in on the flop if not you check/fold. With the pocket pairs you want to limp in as cheaply as possible although you can call small raises probably up to 8xBB on party more against multiple limpers. Also if the pot hasn't been raised yet then calling with Axs is acceptable, flop a flush move in, flop a draw then draw at your own discretion.

Obviously this can't be the most efficient strategy at these games but the beauty of it lies within the fact that someone could easily 12+ table this although at a very low win rate.

I played about 2K hands (4-tabling and watching TV) of this while clearing a bonus at MultiPoker, it's really amazing what some people will call down with even though you've been folding for an hour straight. However picking up AA, KK or a set is so rare that when you do get one of the hands just picking up the blinds is disgusting. My win rate over those hands was around 2PTBB/100 at NL 25, my usual win rate is around 14PTBB/100.

The cons of the system are obvious, it's very very boring, and you really don't learn anything except that people like to call 100xbb with AJs

So what do you guys think? Profitable? Retarded?