The TalkingPoker.com Forum  

Go Back   The TalkingPoker.com Forum > All Things Poker > General Poker Discussion
Register Blogs Arcade HH Converter Calendar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-05, 07:12 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points
Default $50 surprise Contest... and the winner is....

Wow. This contest sure generated a lot of interest:

As it turns out, the contest was much simpler than you guys were making it out to be. And I am happy to announce that we have a winner!!!

The contest was a $50 for the 50,000th post contest. But there was some fine print too:

1. When determining post counts, we will be using the ACTUAL post count (which does not equal the post count listen on the main page of the forum). The ACTUAL post count included deleted messages and so on. But to make sure we are looking at the right number (and to make it harder to cheat OR to guess when it's going to happen), we'll use the ACTUAL numbers.

2. The 50,000th post is not necessarily the winner. The winner will be the poerson who makes the first post after 50k (starting with 50,000 and then 50,001 and then 50,002 and so on) that is:

A. In the "All Things Poker" section - Gotta reward people for TALKING POKER, after all.
B. Not in a Contest/Freeroll/League/Railbird thread - Fine tuning what I just said.
C. Posted by someone who was a member of this site BEFORE I announced the contest (12-05-05, 12:19 AM) - Don't want to reward some random brand new poster who just so happened to be in the right place at the right time.
D. Not posted by me - I don't want to win my own money

3. Lastly, the winner needs to post their name in THIS THREAD within 24 hours of when THIS POST is made or else they will be disqualified. If that happens, we'll move on to the next post after 50,000 and so on until someone claims their prize.

And that's it.

As of right now, while I am typing this, I have yet to check to see what the winning post is, but I know we've passed the mark. Hopefully, if anyone is disqualified based on the fine print above, they won't be too upset, but sorry - those are the rules that I came up with way back when. I'm doing this objectively, so don't take it personally if you didn't win because you are a brand new poster posting in a freeroll thread or something like that.

Ok, let's check out the results, shall we???

-In "League Rules" thread. No good.

-In Freeroll thread. No good.

-In league rules thread. No good.

-Only been a member for 2 days. No good.

-Not in "All Things Poker." No good.

-In Freeroll thread. No good.

-In League Rules thread. No good.

I wonder how many more of these I'm going to have to dig through. Does not one TALK POKER around here any more???

-New member today. No good.

-Not in "All Things Poker." No good.

-Member for one day. No good.

-Freeroll thread. No good.

-Freeroll thread. No good.

We have a winner!!! This is a poker related post not in any of the disqualifying sections. Robbie Robb has been a member of this forum since just ONE DAY before I announced this contest (whew!), and he's not me. So, assuming he posts his Poker Stars username in this thread within the next 24 hours, and something tells me he will, we have a winner! And I hope he does, because I glanced through the next bunch of posts and it looks like they would all be disqualified too. It's just bad timing because of tonight's freeroll, but obviously I didn't see that coming when I announced this contest 15 days ago.

Whew. Finally.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker